Women who notice changes in breast tissue, vaginal dryness, and low sex drive are more likely to suffer from hormonal imbalances that can affect their mental and physical health. Thus, it is essential to consult the best endocrinologist in Lahore for early diagnosis. The timely diagnosis assists in treatment without complications.
The symptoms of increased testosterone levels in women are:
- Women with increased testosterone levels can notice unusual changes in their skin health. The patient suffers from acne and excessive hair growth on the face. Hirsutism can cause an increase in hair growth in the body, which affects mental health.
- The patient can notice a change in the voice. I become deep due to hormonal imbalance.
- The change in the mental cycle can cause fertility problems.
- Some women suffer from hair loss and reduction in breast size.
- Women with high testosterone levels are more likely to experience a loss of libido.
- The women suffer from severe mood swings, which affect their overall performance.
- Women with high testosterone levels can notice a change in the size of the clitoris.
- The symptoms of low testosterone levels in women are:
- The patient remains lethargic and inactive throughout the day. The lack of energy causes hindrance in completing everyday tasks.
- The lack of energy affects the mood. The hormonal changes can cause the individual to suffer from depression and correlating problems.
- The women suffer from muscle weakness that causes hindrance in body movement.
- The woman suffers from a low sex drive that can affect the sexual relationship. Additionally, the woman remains dissatisfied with her sexual activities.
The causes of high or low levels of testosterone in women are:
Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia: It is an inherited condition in which the body secretes less cortisol and more testosterone. However, the available medication can help manage the symptoms and enhance the quality of life.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: PCOS affects women around the world. It causes irregular periods, hirsutism, and acne. Women suffering from PCOS are more likely to have low testosterone. Hence, it is essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid PCOS and related complications.
Use of Birth Control Pills: Women using birth control pills for a long time are more likely to notice hormonal changes that can affect their physical health.
Ovarian Failure: Ovarian failure can lead to changes in hormonal levels. Women undergoing treatment, such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy, are more likely to experience ovarian failure. Also, women going through the menopausal phase in life are more likely to experience symptoms of low testosterone in the body. However, eating disorders can also lead to low testosterone; thus, it is necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid complications.
Use of Medications: Medications can cause fluctuation in testosterone and androgens levels in the body and cause hirsutism and PCOS. Therefore, women must know the side effects of the medications and consult a doctor if they experience unusual symptoms. Alternatives can help manage the symptoms and enhance the quality of life.
Tumor: Pituitarygland tumors can cause low testosterone and cause further physical health-related complications.
Physical Examination: The skin conditions help evaluate if the woman is suffering from hormonal changes. The excessive hair and acne help confirm that the individual is suffering from the symptoms that indicate low levels of testosterone in the body.
Blood Testing: The blood tests help evaluate the changes in the hormonal levels that indicate high or low testosterone in the body.
Imaging Testing: The ultrasound of the ovaries and ureter helps evaluate the abnormality that correlates with hormonal changes in the body.The women who experience symptoms that correlate with hormonal imbalance must consult an endocrinologist in Karachi. The competent specialist will conduct tests to diagnose the cause of the illness and provide guidance regarding the effective treatment options for a smooth recovery. A timely diagnosis can prevent the women struggle with further problems that can affect mental and physical health.