Users have been noticing different multi-user issues for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac lately. Encountering issues in the multi-user mode can be disastrous as these issues prohibit multiple users from accessing the Company file simultaneously. Users should make sure that they acquire additional licenses for each user.
Subsequent to that, the users should be registered on the Mac computers. In this particular post we have discussed about the troubleshooting of multi-user issues for QuickBooks desktop for mac. Thus, keep read on!
Troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks Multi user issues for MAC
The various fixes for the QuickBooks Multi-user issues in MAC are:
Method 1: Verifying the QuickBooks Server
- The MAC user first needs to opt for Go, and then opt for Applications.
- Subsequent to that, user should tap and hold the QuickBooks 20XX Server.app icon twice.
- The file can be shared at this point.
- Just in case the file is located under “NOT SHARED,” the user needs to opt for it and subsequently proceed by hitting o Start Sharing option.
- Following that, hit on + for adding the file.
Method 2: Configuring Firewall settings on MacOS
- The first step requires choosing System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Follow up by clicking on the Security & Privacy option, and then hit on Firewall.
- Now, hit on the Firewall Options, and following that, tap on the lock icon for unlocking it.
- The user should also double-check that QuickBooks Server app is configured to Allow Incoming Connections.
Method 3: Verify file sharing permissions on the host PC
For enabling the file sharing permission on the PC, proceed as per the following steps:
- Start by choosing System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- After that, tap on the Sharing button.
- Now, the user needs to hit on the File Sharing option.
- Include the folder containing the Company files in to the Shared Folders.
- In the Shared Folder column, hit on +.
- Following that, the user should browse the folder that harbors the company files. Upon choosing the folder, hit on Add.
- Under the column named “Users”, check that the permission is switched to Read and Write for Everyone or just specific users.
Method 4: Testing network configuration
The simple steps for testing network are:
- Firstly, the user should unplug the ethernet cable or restart the router.
- Follow up with s system restart, and then reopen QuickBooks.
- Finally, enable the multi-user mode in QuickBooks for MAC.
Method 5: Establishing peer-to-peer direct connection
- An Ethernet cable can be used to link two computers via a peer-to-peer connection. The user needs to connect the ethernet cable to each computer.
- The Bonjour service should let both the systems to view each other.
- Tap on the File tab, and then, hit on the New Finder Window. At this stage, the systems using QuickBooks should appear in the shared section.
- Select a computer to act as a QuickBooks Host Server, and following that, launch QuickBooks and navigate to File tab > Enable Multi-user mode option.
- Now, shift to the second computer, and run QuickBooks on it. Then, from Shared Files, you can access the Company file.
This discussion subsumed easy methods that should help QuickBooks MAC users in fixing Multi-user issues for QuickBooks for MAC. If you have additional queries, or have unresolved technical issues on your QuickBooks for MAC, just give our proficient QuickBooks error support experts a call at the helpline 1-800-761-1787.