Educational games have always occupied a special place in the process of education and training. Today they are one of the components of the educational process for children aged 7 to 12 years. Experts support parents who practice this method: learning in the form of games is easier, arouses interest and desire to engage, accompanied by mutual understanding between children and parents.
The variety of educational games makes you think: are they all useful and how to choose a game for your child? Let’s understand these issues.
Experts recommend the following educational games for children 7 years old:
- Games that develop thinking and logic: constructors, cubes, cards. Nikitin’s games are popular.
- Board games such as “Erudite”, “Monopoly”, “Lotto” and more.
- Themed game sets.
- Computer games: quests, strategies, shooters.
There are now a huge number of different board games on the shelves for children of different ages who are developing a child. Puzzles, mosaics, stencils for drawing, coloring, puzzles, constructor – all these games allow the child to have fun and useful. Board games improve memory and intelligence, improve creativity and eyesight.
We also recommend several educational 2 player games to build intelligence and improve physical health:
Magic Bag Game
In the bag the adult puts small balls, cubes, handles, cones. The child should, with his eyes closed, relying only on tactile sensations, get three balls, four handles, two cubes, etc. from the bag.
Children stand in a line, holding hands. The first child in the line is the dragon’s head, and the last is its tail. At the leader’s command, the chairman must catch his tail, and he must dodge. When the task is completed, the children change places.
It is not enough to choose the right game: it is important to practice systematically. It is better to enroll the child in training courses, where they practice elements of the game format. At this age, useful classes in mental arithmetic or “Liberia”. Coaches who practice modern pedagogical methods work with children on the courses.
In our age of digital technology, it is impossible to imagine the process of raising and developing a child without computer games. Despite all its disadvantages, computer games have their advantages. The main thing is to find a best io games. Bright images help your baby learn colors, geometric shapes, numbers and letters. Educational computer games improve children’s logical thinking, increase erudition. But keep in mind that it is necessary to control the time spent by the child on the screen.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Opinions of experts and parents on the role of educational games in the upbringing and education of children differ. What can be said in favor of this method:
- Ability to present information in a new, more convenient format.
- Ability to simultaneously practice practical and communication skills.
- Development of logical thinking.
- Development of memory, concentration, perseverance, attention.
- Opportunity to use short-term motivation.
There is a reverse side to the medal:
- If the game is chosen incorrectly (does not correspond to the age or interests of the child), low efficiency is noted.
- Game failures and defeats negatively affect the child’s self-esteem.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT EDUCATIONAL GAMES?
Do you want your child to absorb information well? Take into account the peculiarities of her age and follow these simple rules:
- Provide your child with a learning environment that will allow him or her to work with you or to find answers to questions on their own.
- Submit information in portions, distribute it thematically. Keep in mind that it is still difficult for a child to switch between topics.
- Consider the interests of the child: communicate more on topics that interest him. But do not forget to instill useful practical knowledge, even if the baby is not interested. It is important to use the method of close motivation, using approval, praise, awards.
- Combine the knowledge already obtained by the child, maintain a dialogue: give the child the opportunity to choose a topic for conversation, ask questions and answer questions.
Learning in an involuntary game form opens up new possibilities. So children better absorb information, learn to apply it in practice.
THE BENEFITS OF EDUCATIONAL GAMES FOR CHILDREN
Educational games for children 8 years old play an important role in the process of their upbringing.
Games for school-age children are important in the development process. They form communication skills, improve figurative and logical thinking, educate the child as a person. Games should not only entertain the child, but also develop. Educational games for primary school children stimulate the child to work that improves memory, imagination and fine motor skills. Thanks to games, a child develops skills and abilities that he will need in the future.
Properly organized games are a great method of education. Elementary school boys are interested in everything new. Therefore, it is better for parents to pay attention to “smart” toys and educational games that will help the child learn well in school.
The cognitive value of games for middle school children is that the child independently seeks knowledge, rather than getting ready. This is how a person’s mental processes and abilities are formed, including communication skills.