Missing Name List issue in QuickBooks is mostly related to missing names, entries, or presence of blank spaces in documents. Because of this, company files cannot be opened or edited. The error appears as “We are sorry. QuickBooks could not open the company file. We will try to fix the problem. Click Start to Begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance. Get a hold on this error by reading the causes and fixes for QuickBooks missing name list problem, all included in this article.
What provokes QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem?
This error could be caused by:
- Windows registry may be damaged, or its entries related to QuickBooks are corrupted.
- Abrupt shutdown of the computer
- Virus attack on the system.
How to repair QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem
This error can be rooted out by following the methods given below:
Method 1: Run the File Doctor tool
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub, then install it
- Now, go for Company File issues option, and then File Doctor tool.
- Go for the Browse tab and after choosing company file, click on Repair.
Method 2: Use Auto Data Recovery (ADR)
- Create a new Desktop folder named QBTest.
- Now, visit the folder containing company files and copy files having .tlg and .adr extensions.
- Now, paste them in QBTest folder on the Desktop.
- Then, rename the files and now, go to File menu in QuickBooks.
- From there, go to Utilities, and then Verify data option.
- Now, click on Rebuild data.
Method 3: Use old version for restoring Backup
- Run QuickBooks, and from there go for Open or Restore Company option.
- The, tap on Restore a backup copy, and then hit on Next.
- Choose Local Backup, and then the Next tab.
- Finish by clicking Save.
Method 4: Clean Install QuickBooks
- Open Control Panel, then Programs and Features.
- Choose QuickBooks, then Uninstall/Change option, and then the uninstall tab.
- Uninstallation done, reinstall QuickBooks and register and activate it.
- Now, check if QuickBooks Missing name list problem got fixed.
With that, we reach the end of this blog. We discussed ways to fix QuickBooks Missing File List Problem. If you are facing any issues, call our experts at 1-800-761-1787.