Trying to perform a very important activity on QuickBooks, and suddenly you stepped into an error that says “QuickBooks has stopped working issue”. Well, if that is the case, need not to get worried, we can rescue you easily. You might come across such an error when trying to open QuickBooks desktop. Furthermore, such error can be triggered due to a handful of factors, which we will be elaborating in today’s segment.
To get a better insight into QuickBooks has stopped working issue, make sure that you stick around this segment carefully. Read carefully or else connect with our tech professionals right away using our support number. Our tech geeks will ensure that all your queries are answered immediately.
Why you landed into the error “QuickBooks has stopped working”?
- The very first reason can be hard drive got damaged somehow.
- You can face similar error in case of corrupted QBWUSER.INI file
- Also, if the company name is too big or exceeds the prescribed limit.
- Another reason can be damaged windows operating system.
- QuickBooks desktop stopped functioning properly can also trigger this error.
- Lastly, if the program’s files got corrupted.
Methods to chuck off QuickBooks has stopped working or won’t open error
There can be multiple methods to fix this QuickBooks has stopped working issue. However, the most common ones are stated below:
Method 1: Use QBInstall Tool to fix the issue
- Start with downloading the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool and then installing it by paying heed to prompts.
- Ensure to close all the background apps.
- Hit run on QBInstall tool.
- Wait for some time, as the process might take up to 20 minutes for scanning the ongoing issues.
- After the scanning process comes to an end, the tool will diagnose and fix the issue on its own.
- Last but not the least reboot the system and you are done.
Method 2: Open up the company file from different location
- Herein, you would have to press windows + E keys.
- Look for the data file that has a .qbw extension associated.
- When looking for a file on a network server, browse to the network drive that has the data file.
- Right click on the tab and choose copy.
- Head to the c drive.
- And ensure to make a new folder there.
- Assign a name to this folder which says QBTEST
- Open the folder and paste the company file.
- Open QuickBooks with CTRL being pressed already.
- Choose restore an existing company through C:\QBTEST folder.
- Last but not the least, open the company file that has been copied in the QBTEST folder.
Chucking off the QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding bug can be a little easy, once you are able to perform the said steps.
Whereas, if you are still uncomfortable in chucking off this particular error, then we have a solution for that as well. You just need to consult us with our QuickBooks error support team 1-800-615-2347, and we will ensure to come up with the most effective solution and try to remove the issue from its root cause.