QuickBooks and Quicken are both amazing accounting programs that make business and accounting tasks easier. Sometimes there arises a need to change the Quicken data files so that you can use them in QuickBooks Desktop. This article shall provide you with a brief on this topic. We will have a detailed insight into the different ways to convert Quicken data to the QuickBooks desktop program. For live assistance from our QuickBooks ProAdvisors, connect with our support team at 1 800 761 1787.
It is important to Note the Following:
- The conversion process can’t be undone or reversed, which means that files that have been moved from Quicken to QuickBooks can’t be moved back to Quicken. Because of this, you need to make sure you have a backup of your Quicken files before you convert them.
- To start the conversion process on a Mac, you must first turn Quicken Mac files into Windows files. This has to be done because Quicken can only be converted to QuickBooks in Windows format.
Procedure for the Conversion of Quicken Data to QuickBooks Desktop
There are two methods for converting Quicken data to QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the guidelines given below:
1st Method: Conversion using Quicken Converter
- The first thing you need to do is download the latest compatible version of the converter tool that works with your copy of QuickBooks. For example, if you have QuickBooks 2021 on your computer, you should download the Quicken 2021 converter.
- To install the Quicken Converter, double-click the downloaded file and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click on the option to Launch Quicken Converter, and then click on Finish.
- Now, choose “I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows” and then click on the option to Get Started.
- Find the Quicken file you want to convert under the option to Open a file on this system and click OK.
- Click on the Convert it option and then hit on OK to start the conversion process.
- Wait until the conversion is done. When you’re done, save your converted data file and click on Exit.
- The QuickBooks Desktop software can now use this file. During the conversion process, both the “.QDF” and “.QFX” files are made. You must choose the updated.QDF file that was saved in the same place as the original Quicken file.
2nd Method: Take assistance of the Conversion Tool
- Start up the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Click on File, followed by Utilities.
- Thereafter, click on the option to Convert.
- Choose Quicken from the drop-down menu.
- Look through the list of Quicken files and choose the one you want to use in QuickBooks. Note that Quicken files have a.QDF file format. Once you choose the file, you can easily convert it by following the instructions on your screen.
We have included two comprehensive methods to convert Quicken data to QuickBooks Desktop, and we wind up this blog with a hope that it helped you with the conversion process. If you want to ascertain the troubleshooting steps for other QuickBooks errors, just give us a call at 1 800 761 1787 and allow our experts to deal with the issue.