Users should make sure that QuickBooks is installed and set up correctly. An unsuccessful/ incomplete installation of QuickBooks can lead to QuickBooks error 3008. This QuickBooks error is also caused by a wrong/outdated signature certificate. Error Code 3008 does not usually get fixed by repair tools like the QuickBooks File Doctor. In this article, we will elaborate on all the different methods to fix QuickBooks Error 3008. So, make sure to stick till the end of this article.
Different avenues to fix QuickBooks Error 3008
Avenue 1: Turn off Proxy Checkbox
- First, open Internet Explorer and click on the “Gear” icon to reach to “Settings.”
- After that, click on the Internet Options tab and choose the LAN settings option under the Connections tab.
- Now, make sure that the box next to “Use Proxy” is unchecked.
- The next step is to click OK.
- After running the QuickBooks Scan Manager, check the Proxy settings.
- You can now choose the option to Use Proxy Server. If the check mark is already there, keep in mind that your system may be infected with malware or a virus.
- There is no malware on the PC if the network is secure.
- After that, restart QuickBooks and check to see if the fix worked to fix QuickBooks Error 3008.
Avenue 2: Using a 3rd-Party application
Users can download and install third-party anti-virus solutions to get to the root cause of the Error code 3008. But Intuit does not recommend that QuickBooks users use such apps to fix problems with their programs. So, this choice should only be made if none of the other troubleshooting alternatives work out.
Avenue 3: Use QuickBooks Doctor File tool
- To get the QuickBooks Tool Hub, download it from Intuit’s website and then install it on your PC.
- When you open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, you should click on Company File Issues.
- After that, click the “Run QBFD” button. Now, choose the company file.
- Click “Proceed” once you’ve chosen the right company file.
- Type in your QuickBooks username and your admin password.
- To start the scan, click the “Next” button. When it’s done, go back to QuickBooks Desktop to see if the QuickBooks Error 3008 is fixed.
Our support is always there. If you are facing any difficulties while performing the troubleshooting approaches to fix QuickBooks Error 300, just give our certified experts a call at 1 800 761 1787.