Careers as a senior infrastructure engineer:
Freelancing is the reason FieldEngineer exists. It is our mission to be the global platform for freelance on-demand services that connect engineers and businesses.
Bringing together our people, our partners, and our customers, we are a positive platform for good. We are successful because of this community. Creating an inclusive environment for everyone means we celebrate individuality, welcome differences, and empower individuality. This is our mission.
The mission of our company is to build a technology platform that powers global services for businesses all over the world. With an end-to-end technology platform built to connect on-demand operations systems worldwide. We address complex challenges and enjoy them. It is our mission to break traditions and revolutionize. With the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
The role of the senior infrastructure engineer
To help us continue to drive innovation, we are looking for professionals who can help us improve the reliability, performance, and scalability of FieldEngineer technology. To succeed in DevOps, you must be obsessed with automation, scalability, and infrastructure reliability. We want to break new ground. In the Cloud Engineering team, processes, tools, and methodologies. Methodologies that are introduced to operate environments on the public cloud across multiple datacenters. FieldEngineer tooling is also developed and supported.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, get hired with Field Engineer
A Senior Infrastructure Engineer’s responsibilities
- Allow engineering teams to be autonomous by abstracting the infrastructure layer;
- Contribute to the development of self-service tools to support our internal platforms;
- Automated processes are used to maintain infrastructure components. Like Linux and Windows-based systems, configuration management, and orchestration.
What are Senior Infrastructure Engineers?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or another technical discipline, or experience related to the field;
- Experienced with the software development lifecycle;
- Strong working knowledge of Python (Golang is an asset);
- Design, analyze, and troubleshoot large-scale distributed systems;
- Worked with Git and Jenkins, and familiar with CI/CD pipelines;
- Knowledge of containerized environments and container orchestration technologies;
- Work experience with FileServer solutions (FTP, DFS, and FileShare);
- Working knowledge of caching mechanisms (Redis or Memcache);
- Have a mindset focused on security concerns and achieving compliance;
- Excellent communicator and adept at solving complex problems;
- Work with someone creative and fun.
Information on the cloud infrastructure reliability engineer job role in cloud computing
Average Salary (per annum): US$100,000
Responsibilities and Roles of Cloud Infrastructure Reliability Engineers:
Cloud Site Reliability Engineers are also known as Cloud Site Reliability Engineers. And they are responsible for the performance, monitoring, and other functionalities of the platforms of a company. A candidate must ensure that everything going into production adheres to certain general requirements.
He or she will be responsible for monitoring the health, performance, and capacity of Cloud infrastructure. As well as assisting with the deployment of new product features. Role responsibilities include capacity and performance planning, risk management, on-call monitoring, and disaster response.
Requirements for Cloud Infrastructure Reliability Engineers
- Exceptional problem-solving skills in a business analyst
- Proficiency in technical language to secure buy-in and funding for a project from stakeholders
- An understanding of version control, Linux OS, and DevOps
- Implementation expertise in CI/CD
- Troubleshooting training with hands-on exercises
- A software-centric mindset and a strong interest in coding are essential
Best Online Courses for Cloud Infrastructure Reliability Engineers:
- Site Reliability Engineering – Measuring and Managing Reliability from Coursera: Within a flexible deadline of four weeks and 12 hours, Coursera offers to teach Service Level Objectives to describe and measure the reliability of service, error budgets, and many more.
- Site Reliability Engineering on AWS from Udemy: 4.5 hours of on-demand videos on Udemy teach the principles of Cloud Reliability Engineering for designing applications with fault tolerance, auto-healing, and reliability. Java developers, software engineers, and interested students are welcome to take this course with seven sections and 37 lectures.
- Certified Professional SRE—Cloud v1 from IBM: This course helps Cloud Site Reliability Engineers demonstrate skills such as engineering scalable, secure, and reliable services utilizing DevOps principles and rigorous troubleshooting.
Top institutes offering the Cloud Infrastructure Reliability Engineer program:
- M.Sc. in Cloud Computing from the University of Lincoln
- B.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of East London
- B. Tech in IT and Computer Science from Institute of Engineering and Technology, Uttar Pradesh
Recruiters who specialize in hiring Cloud Infrastructure Reliability Engineers:
- PayPal: With a platform and multiple solutions, it helps small and midsized businesses, enterprises, and individuals in risk management, payments, and accelerating growth.
- LinkedIn: It is the largest platform that helps professionals achieve more career goals. Innovative products and services will have a direct impact on the world’s workforce with a digital resume.
- Salesforce: The Salesforce Customer 360 Platform integrates marketing, sales, commerce, and service into one integrated platform known as Salesforce Customer 360 Platform to bring companies and customers closer together. There are over 10 million innovators and disruptors in this community, along with free online learning from professional Trailheads.
- Wipro: Wipro is a leading global IT, consulting, and business process services company that utilizes cognitive computing, hyper-automation, cloud, robotics, and many more disruptive technologies. A comprehensive portfolio assists clients with adapting to the digital world.
- Cognizant: Cognizant has a consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run a more innovative and efficient business.
- FieldEngineer: Built on VMware NSX technology, Virtual Cloud Network is a software layer that reaches from the data center to cloud to edge infrastructure. Become an IT professional in the global freelance marketplace by signing up at FieldEngineer! One click away is promising career opportunities based on your professional experiences.
What You Need to Know About Edge Infrastructure Computing
Gartner predicts that by 2025, 75% of enterprise-generated data will be created and processed outside of a data center or cloud.
According to exclusive research by Hewlett Packard Enterprise, many organizations are only just beginning to realize the potential of edge initiatives through pilot projects and proofs of concept.
This article identifies four important aspects to keep in mind as you move forward in your edge journey.
Factor No. 1: Cloud computing and edge computing complement each other.
A common myth about the edge is that it will somehow displace cloud computing. In actuality, edge and cloud ought to work together. Smart strategies assume synchronization between a centralized cloud and a decentralized edge. With the cloud, whether it’s public, hybrid, or private, you can centralize all your data and use it wherever and whenever needed across the enterprise.
Your data can be maximized with speed and insight by using the edge. Data can be sent to the edge and retrieved quickly, or even better, it can be used where it is created. By using real-time analytics, internet of things (IoT) devices, and rapid decision-making, creates incremental value for applications and use cases. Real-time data allows you to make time-sensitive decisions on the spot. Transporting raw data can be minimized while allowing applications and use cases where data cannot be sent off-site, such as for security, compliance, or other reasons.
Factor No. 2: IoT convergence and integration have led to many innovative use cases.
Factor No. 3: Cohesive data strategies are essential for edge innovation.
Factor No. 4: For an edge strategy to be successful, networking is essential.
It is one of the surest ways to gain a competitive edge wherever you are on your edge journey to work with a trusted partner.
Businesses Can Reduce Infrastructure Expenditures
With cloud computing, companies can save money and increase productivity.
In today’s multi-cloud environment, we provide cutting-edge managed IT services to help you increase revenues.