Moonshine has been around for centuries, and for good reason. It’s a versatile spirit that can be made from a variety of ingredients. In this article, we will show you how to make moonshine from potatoes. Not only is this an easy process, but it’s also a cheap way to get your own homemade liquor. Just be sure to have plenty of cups for your guests!
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need:
-Brine (water, sugar, salt)
-Jar or container
-Distilled white vinegar
-Lemon juice or orange juice
To make 1 gallon of moonshine:
1. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes.
2. Carefully cut the cooled potatoes into small pieces using a sharp knife. Place the potatoes in a large jar or container and pour in enough brine to cover them. Seal the lid tightly and shake the jar or container to coat the potatoes with brine. Let sit for at least 24 hours, or up to 3 weeks if desired.
3. Pour out any excess brine and store moonshine in an airtight container for up to 2 months. To make Moonshine: 1. Combine distilled white vinegar and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside for use moonshine from potatoes.
4. Remove moonshine from storage and strain through a cheesecloth-lined strainer into a clean glass jar or bottle. Discard any solids left behind on the cheesecloth.
5 Slam down hard on top of liquor so that it releases pressure; this will cause it to be thicker than desired 4 Add ice cubes if desired 5 Serve immediately
How to Make Moonshine from Potatoes
Making moonshine from potatoes is a simple and delicious process that can be done with a basic oven and pot. Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Drizzle them with some olive oil and salt, and then roast them in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until they are soft. Once they’re done, let them cool off for a bit so you can start blending them. You’ll need a blender like a Vitamix or an immersion blender to make this recipe work properly, but it’s totally worth it! To make the moonshine, place the cooled potatoes into the blender and blend until they’re completely smooth. Pour the Moonshine into small containers (preferably glass) and store in a cold location for best results. Enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Moonshine
Making moonshine from potatoes is a simple process that can be completed in just a few hours. Follow these tips to make the best moonshine possible:
- Start by boiling the potatoes in water until they are soft. Once they are cooked, drain the water and mash them with a potato masher or an electric mixer.
- In a large pot, combine the mashed potatoes with white distilled vinegar and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Add brandy or other liquor of your choice and let it simmer for another 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. You can also add spices like ginger, cloves, and allspice if you desire.
- Let the moonshine cool before bottles or cans are filled and sealed. Enjoy responsibly!
What to Do if You Get a Leak
If you find yourself with a leaky pot, don’t panic. There are a few things you can do to fix the problem and get your moonshine back on track.
1. Check for Weakness in the Joints:
If there are any weak areas in the joint where the pot meets the base, this is where the leak will occur. Make sure all of the joints are solid and that no nails or screws are poking out moonshine from potatoes.
2. Patch Up Damaged Areas:
If there is damage around where the leak is occurring, try to patch it up as best as possible using some sealant or glue. This will help prevent further water leakage and keep your moonshine fresh (and delicious!).
3. Replace Leaking Parts:
If replacing parts isn’t an option or if it won’t solve the problem, then you may need to replace the entire pot. Be sure to buy a new pot that is specifically designed for distilling – this will help ensure that your moonshine runs smoothly and doesn’t produce any leaks!