With so many infected cases growing each day, everyone is taking all the measures conceivable to prevent the spread of germs and viruses. From maintaining social distancing measures, washing hands frequently with soap to wearing masks in public areas, we are missing out on nothing.
But the panic of germs and viruses has started to widespread panic, forcing them to accept whatever anyone says. Many people consider keeping items in the sunlight for prolonged hours will kill the virus and disinfecting everything including fruits and vegetables with Fruit and Vegetable Disinfectant to prevent one from getting infected.
When it comes to disinfecting eating materials including fruits and vegetables, please make sure to not use soap and water to clean. Because all soaps contain formaldehyde, which if applied can cause an upset stomach. All your good purpose of disinfecting fruits and veggies in soap water can turn against you. So, what’re the right solutions for all your disinfecting needs and requirements? Don’t worry, we have got you all covered.
The appropriate way to disinfect fruits and vegetables is to bring Fruit and Vegetable Disinfectant – Fruit and Veg Soak in your home.
WHO’s Recommended Household Sanitation Products
According to the World Health Organisation, you have to guarantee five things to make sure that the food you eat is protected which includes;
- Food is kept clean
- Separate raw
- Cook the food thoroughly
- Keep the food at safe temperatures
- Use clean water and raw material to cook
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) Recommendation
- Specialists have experience and again approved disinfecting of highly touched surfaces and objects, including food items, to stop the spread of germs and viruses. While there is no actual evidence of the virus being transferred through food, it is though recommended that fruits and vegetables should be washed accurately before eating.
Here are some of the must-taken steps you should consider;
- Keep the fruits and vegetables within the packet itself in an isolated place for some time.
- Disinfect them thoroughly with the best disinfectant available in the market.
- Wash them with fresh or clean drinking water.
- Store fruits and vegetables needed to be refrigerated. Make sure to keep them at room temperature in baskets or racks.
- Do not save or leave the food outside or garages to bypass the chance of food safety concerns like temperature abuse or pest danger.
- Wash the sink and stand where food things have been disinfected.
- Do not let the dirty water fall on the floor or else you must wipe it promptly.
- In the case of food containers, sanitize the container by cleaning them with an alcohol-based multipurpose disinfecting spray solution or soap and clean water.