Although there are many brands for the printers that are available in the market, Canon is one of the primitive choices of the users when it comes to opting for a perfect printing option The canon printer is well-known for delivering high-quality printing outputs. In order to use the printer, you need to learn the basic steps to setup. Here in this article, we will let you know the instructions and guidelines for the ij.start.canon process. So let’s get started!
Canon standard connection method via ij.start.canon
If the router does not have a WPS feature, then use this method and follow the guidelines given below:
- Connect the computer to the printer for the settings.
- Load the papers in the input tray.
- Press and hold the resume or cancel button for few seconds.
- In the printout of the information page, just check the connection status.
- You need to verify the network name also.
IJ.Start.Canon Printer Setup on Windows (Wireless)
Here is how to connect your on Windows PC wirelessly:
- In the very beginning, you have to download and install your actual printer driver from visiting the site ‘Canon.com/ijsetup’.
- In the next step, you need to turn on your Canon printer and make sure that it is well plugged in with the power switch.
- Thereafter, go to the Download folder and double-tap on the downloaded file of driver setup to open it on Windows.
- Now, click on “Next” button till the time you see the option “Wireless Setup”.
- Select the “Wireless Setup” option, go to your Canon printer screen, and tap on “Wi-Fi Setup” button.
- Then, select the device settings and tap “OK” button.
- Next, Choose Device Settings > LAN Settings in the given sequence and then press “OK” tab.
- Next, select LAN Settings > Wireless LAN Setup and press “OK”. After doing this, your printer will search for the access point.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi router is turned on. Of it is on, the flash lamp will blink on the printer.
- Now, the network list will appear on the screen from which you have to select your Wi-Fi network from the given list and then hit “OK.”
- Afterward, you will be asked for your WPA/WEP security key (Wi-Fi password). Enter the correct password in the given field and then click “OK.”
- In a couple of minutes, your printer will directly connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Congratulations! The Canon IJ printer has been wirelessly setup on your Windows system. Now, your printer is ready to serve quality printouts.
Download the Canon Printer Drivers
In the latest Canon model you won’t find any CD however, if you have an older version, you can install CD, otherwise, find out the complete download steps through ij.start canon for Canon printer drivers from below process;
- Set up the Canon printer and open a web browser on your computer device.
- Visit ij.start.canon site and provide your Canon model number when asked.
- You may also choose from bottom options and hit the “click this link” from the display.
- Start downloading Canon drivers and software from the same http //ij.start.canon page.
- Now, double click on the software and install for your Canon product.
Complete Installation Guide for Canon ij setup
Follow the below guide and set up your Canon printer;
- Download software – Visit ij.start.canon and download the Canon driver.
- Install and Select connection type – Double-tap on file and select wireless or USB connection.
- Turn ON the Canon printer – Press the button to turn on the printer.
- Connect WiFi – On a wireless connection, press and hold the WiFI alarm to connect.
- Flashing blue and green lamps – If you find this situation, it means the printer is connected to WiFi.
- Agree on the terms to install – Read and agree to the license terms of Canon set up in order to install.
- Finish the Canon Printer Setup – Tap on Complete to finish the final step.
Guide of setting up the Canon IJ Wireless Printer on Windows
- Switch on the power button of the canon printer and move towards the settings option and select the option ‘Device Settings’.
- After the selection of the settings, you need to click ok and also select the option “LAN Settings” and finally, you can click ok.
- 3. For choosing the ‘Wireless LAN Setup’ option, you need to click the down arrow button once again and finally click “ok”.
- Now your printer will start searching for various wireless networks and you can see the blinking flash lamp.
- You can make a selection of your Wi-Fi and finally enter the password of your Wi-Fi or enter the WPA/WEP key.
- After pressing the button, “ok” you need to click the “ok” button once again for finishing the setup.
- You can access the website canon.com/ijsetup for downloading the printer driver and finally, you need to finish with the installation.
- Now you have to move towards the control panel following the device and printer and finally press the “add printer” option which is provided on the top left.
Process To Setup Canon IJ Pinter On Your Device Via IJ Start Canon
In this article you will find detailed information about installation of Canon printer through Canon ij setup. This process has been explained for both Windows and Mac device via wired & wireless connection setup. Here, the process of setting up the printer has been explained through ij.start.canon
- Firstly, to switch on the printer and visit ij.start.canon
- Next, download and install the canon printer drivers as per windows comparability.
- Open the unzip drivers folder and click on setup and follow the screen.
- Now select option wireless setup and a license agreement will appear, accept it.
- Click on the next option and install drivers. When installation gets completed click on the finish option.
- Next, go to the canon printer screen menu and click on Wi-Fi setup button.
- Then to click on LAN settings and press the ok option and click on wireless LAN settings and click on the ok option.
- Now, the printer will start looking for Wi-Fi networks within its range and a list of Wi-Fi networks will get displayed.
- Click on your Wi-Fi network name and enter a password.
- Now, canon com ij setup Wi-Fi network and is ready to printer on wireless network using windows.
Guidelines to setup Canon IJ Printer with the USB
- If you are finding it difficult to locate the printer, you need to select the option of “setup network connection via USB” and then you can proceed to NEXT.
- Now you need to make a jump towards the setup of the printer and connect it with your computer using a USB cable. In case you are a MAC user, then click NEXT.
- That access point will be visible on your screen and if you wish to make the wireless network to get connected to your printer, jump to the ‘yes” option. In case you are a MAC user, then you need to click ALLOW where you have the option of dismantling the printer from the computer. Then, click NEXT.
- You can click on the option- “COMPLETE” if you are using Windows.
- The MAC users need to click ok for attaching the printer with their computers at the time of featuring the access point.
- Access the option “ADD PRINTER” and make a click on the version of a particular driver. Finally, you can click on the “ADD” button.
- You need to jump on the NEXT option to complete the process of the setup of the printer using USB.