The QuickBooks error 15212 appears when updating QuickBooks to the most recent version. This error code is caused by a number of variegated factors. Let’s get past the notable reasons of this error and later perform the various potential fixes to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15212.
Major propelling causes leading to QuickBooks Error 15212
- The access to the shared drive is denied.
- You don’t have a mapped shared drive.
- The error may also show up if you do not possess the necessary permissions on the shared drive.
Methods for effective fixing of QuickBooks Update Error 15212
Method 1: Access the Selective Startup mode for reinstalling QuickBooks
- Be sure to make a backup of your company file before commencing the process.
- Open the QuickBooks program initially. After that, use the ‘F2’ key to open the ‘Product Information window’ in QuickBooks. You must make a note of every detail relating to QuickBooks Desktop software in this section, including the license key and the software version.
- Now close QuickBooks and press the “Win + R” keys to open the “Run” window.
- After that, enter “Msconfig” in the “Run” window and click “OK.”
- Select the “Selective Startup and Load system services” option under the “General” tab.
- Next, select the “Hide all Microsoft services” option under the “Services” menu.
- Click “Disable all.”
- Check the Windows Installer checkbox if it is not already checked, then click “OK.”
- Now restart the computer and use the Clean Install program to uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- You now need to Install QuickBooks afresh.
- When you are done installing the accounting program, open the “Run” box and enter “MSConfig,” then click “OK.”
- Choose “Normal Startup” from the “General” menu.
- After clicking “Ok,” restart your computer.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Go to the ‘Help’ menu and then select the option to ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Now select the “Options” tab.
- To prevent shared downloading, select “No.”
- Select the ‘Save’ option after that.
- Try downloading QuickBooks and check if Error code 15212 reappears. If it does, move on to the following troubleshooting option.
Method 3: Attempt to download the Update in Safe Mode.
- Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- Then, select “Restart” while holding down the “Shift” key.
- Your computer will display a blue screen.
- Select the Troubleshoot option before selecting “advanced.”
- After that, select Startup Settings before restarting. Your computer will switch on and off on its own.
- After restarting your computer, select “Enable Safe Mode with Networking.” Another approach is to continually press the F8 key before selecting the safe mode option.
- Now, choose “Run as administrator” from the context menu when you right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option from the ‘Help’ menu after the QuickBooks software has opened.
- Select “Mark All” from the “Options” menu after clicking on it.
- After that, click “Save.”
- Click the “Update Now” tab’s “Reset Update” checkbox.
- Select “Get Updates.”
- Let the procedure complete. Depending on your network connectivity, it can take some time.
- Once you’re done, restart your computer to see if the issue has disappeared.
Method 4: Remap files with network drive
- First, restart your computer.
- Now, double-click ‘This PC’ or ‘My Computer’ icon.
- Next, select the “Map network drive” option.
- From the Browse menu, select the Data file to map the drive.
- Check to see if, following the remapping, the QuickBooks 15212 Error has been resolved.
Method 5: Renaming Installation Folders
- Start by removing the QuickBooks software from your computer. The ‘File Explorer’ must then be accessed from the folder icon on your desktop or system tray. Under the ‘View’ menu, select ‘Hidden’ Items. To launch File Explorer, type “File Explorer” in the “search” field of the Start menu. Then press the “Enter” key to open the explorer.
- In the file Explorer, find the folder that contains the QuickBooks Company files now. The files are typically located in your QuickBooks folder. The locations given below are where you can find the installation folder.
- Users(current user)/AppData/Local/Intuit/QuickBooks
- Drive:/ProgramData/Intuit/ QuickBooks
- Drive: / Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks
- For the 64-bit version: navigate to Drive:/Program Files (x86)/Intuit
- Right-click the QuickBooks folder and select the Rename option.
- Just add the suffix “.old” to the end of the folder name.
- Use your license and product keys to reinstall the QuickBooks program.
Having gone through all the viable methods to fix QuickBooks Error 15212, it is time to end this article. If the error keeps bothering you, just reach out to our experts at the helpline 1 800 761 1787.