Your Cameras are now clicking pictures at the weddings of relatives, of limited vegetation in the cities, and the crowded repeated tourist spots of your city or town. It’s time to let them click pictures for what they really are meant. Let them capture the moments of a waterfall flowing from deep inside the mountains and splashing on big curvy stones, of mountains that have been posing with the most majestic way, of the meadows who are carrying so much beauty in them to let the world appreciate it, and of the flowers that are putting their best combination of colors to impress the cameramen. So, do not keep your cameras and your skills to wait and anymore and explore them in the most serene and amazing treks of Uttarakhand:
1. The Valley of Flowers: The ‘Naam hi kaafi hai‘ dialogue is probably written keeping this place in mind. A valley that is surrounded by one of the most beautiful and decorative mountains is not everything that the place has to offer you. That very valley is carpeted with 600 different kinds of flowers, some of them very rare, some seasonal, some unusual, some you never heard of, some favorites, but each one of them utterly beautiful and surreal. Your camera skills should be ready to flaunt here. Like a crown of the place, it resides in the Chamoli district of the state. A UNESCO World Heritage site and a national park, the place does not only please the viewers but also brings pride to the State. Do make sure to pay a visit to this place for the sake of your camera and soul.
● Duration: 6 Days
● Best time to visit: July to October
2. KedarKantha Trek: One of the most amazing and serene treks not only for trekking and witnessing nature’s beautiful artistry but also for all the photographers, to click shots of the picturesque mountains and meadows filled with snow and looking absolutely stunning in their white outfits. The great height of 12,500 feet and distance of 20 kms gives you ample opportunities to click some of the best pictures of Nature. Situated in the Western Garhwal district of the state, it attracts many people and enthusiasts, most of them with cameras to flaunt their photography skills and click some of the ver-lasting memories and scenes in their minds forever.
● Duration: 5 days
● Best time to visit: November to April
3. Brahmatal Trek: Beautifully covered with snow, the place is yet another amazing trek for Photography. The snow here is in abundance and thus the already breathtaking place becomes more beautiful. It has many things on the table for you to click pictures of, like the Forests that are thick and foggy with tall pines and other trees, High mountains which are amidst the clouds and also covered with snow, The serene and tranquil lakes surrounded by the snow and so much more. The beautiful forests of Oaks and Rhododendrons offer you one of the best scenes for capturing.
● Duration: 6 Days
● Best time to visit: mid-November to March
4. Rupin Pass: This trek is not just for testing your photography skills but also to test your physical abilities and capacity, as this is one real tough trek. But along with the toughness, comes the very bewitching and appealing views of the surroundings, which you get to capture. At a startling height of 4650 mts, imagine the sights of the surrounding that one will get to see. One more great thing about the trek is that it offers you sceneries of not just Uttrakhand but of Himachal Pradesh too, as it ends up there. The blue water streams that are added to its beauty play another beautiful model to be captured.
● Duration: 7 days
5. Har ki Dun trek: How can this trek be out of any trekking list? It’s one of the most famous and beautiful treks in the country. Residing in the Garhwal region of the State, it is situated at an attainable height of 3566 mts. The valley-shaped lake is so beautifully created that capturing it with camera and eyes is a treat for both the storage and the soul.
● Duration: A week.
● Best time to visit: December to March.