An MBA degree is desired by everyone, from humanities graduate to an engineer or a business executive. Students are taught main courses such as personality development, comprehending human psychology, and economics shortly after entering. A management degree not only helps you obtain a lucrative job but also teaches you how to manage people and circumstances, making you a more mature individual.
Obtaining a management degree is critical in today’s business environment for achieving top positions in strong organizations. An MBA degree guarantees an individual not only solid employment but also progress and success in today’s labor environment.
Most MBA programs teach you the fundamental business ideas that every manager needs to know, such as corporate finance, economics, strategic planning, marketing, and basic accounting. If you know what field you want to work in, however, choosing a specific MBA program will allow you to specialize and better prepare for a career.
The academic substance of a business school education, like that of any other educational institution, is quite consistent across programs. Experts will tell you, however, that the value of an MBA degree is typically closely tied to the repute of the institution that awarded it. Every year, a number of organizations rank all MBA programs.
The following is a list of the best MBA colleges in India.
Ahmedabad’s Indian Institute of Management (IIM) is located in the city of Ahmedabad (IIMA)
In 1961, Ahmedabad hosted the first IIM. Dr. Vikram Sarabhai and a few other business people were the brains behind the IIM-A. With the help of the central and state governments, the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, was established as an autonomous organization. “IIM Ahmedabad was recognized as the world’s toughest B school to get into,” according to a survey. IIM-objective Ahmedabad is to professionalize Indian management through teaching, research, training, institutional development, and consultation.
Highlights: IIM Ahmedabad is one of India’s top-ranked management schools. IIM Ahmedabad is ranked #2 in the Government of India’s MHRD NIRF Ranking 2019.
IIMA was the first business school in the country to receive EQUIS certification in 2008.
IIM Ahmedabad case studies are cited and discussed in the classrooms of leading MBA colleges all over the world.
IIM Ahmedabad offers a unique admissions approach that permits candidates with a variety of academic backgrounds to be admitted at a lower CAT percentile. Even after scoring below the 90 percentiles in CA, many non-engineers and students from Arts, Commerce, and other academic backgrounds have been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad.
Postgraduate Management Program Courses Offered
- Post Graduate Program in Public Management and Policy (PGP-PMP)
- Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
- Post Graduate Program in Management
- Post-Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX)
- Faculty Development Program (FDP)
- Post-Graduate Program in Agri-Business Management (PGP-ABM)
- PGP students at IIM Ahmedabad must pay a total of Rs 23,00,000/- in program fees (including tuition fees of Rs.16,99,000/-).
- Personal expenses such as boarding, travel, clothing, and laundry are not included.
- After accounting for inflation, the overall program fees for the 2020–2022 batch could rise by another 5% to 7%.
In 1961, IIM Calcutta was founded in conjunction with the MIT Sloan School of Management, the West Bengal government, the Ford Foundation, and the Indian industry. It is situated in Joka on a vast 135-acre campus.
IIM Calcutta holds three international accreditations: AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS, making it the only business school with all three.
Among the top 100 B-schools, it is ranked third in the NIRF 2019 Rankings of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
IIM Calcutta has 85 international partner institutes. IIM Calcutta was the first to initiate an international student exchange program in 1999.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM)
- Post Graduate Program for Executives (PGPEX)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Management (PGDCM)
- Fellow Programs in Management (FPM)
For PGDM 2020–22 Fee is Rs.22,60,000/-
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
S P Jain Institute of Business and Research (SPJIMR) of Bharatiya VidyaBhavan is a major management school in Mumbai, India’s financial capital. SPJIMR is part of the Bharatiya VidyaBhavan and operates as a self-contained institute with entrepreneurial zeal. It is frequently ranked among India’s top ten business schools.
SPJIMR offers a diverse range of postgraduate, executive, entrepreneurial, non-profit, government returning women, and family business programs and courses.
In 2018, the institute was awarded the prestigious AACSB accreditation. Only 5% of the world’s schools have been granted AACSB accreditation. In both global and national ranks, SPJIMR has progressively improved. The institute has earned three worldwide innovation awards from AACSB and AMBA, as well as numerous national accolades.
- PGPM — Post Graduate Program in Management
- PGDM — Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGMPW — Post Graduate Management Program for Women
- FPM — Fellow Program in Management
- GMP — Global Management Program
Fee structure differ based on the course opted.
— — — —
NMIMS Mumbai: School of Business Management, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai, run by SVKM, has taken on the appearance of a multi-disciplinary university. The NMIMS School of Business Management in Mumbai is one of India’s top management schools. NMIMS’ School of Business Management (SBM), a deemed university (as per UGC Norms), is one of India’s top business schools. The NMIMS Mumbai campus was founded in 1981 in the heart of India’s financial metropolis, Mumbai, which is also the country’s nerve centre. NMIMS SBM has developed numerous business leaders, entrepreneurs, and intellectual capital that is valuable to its stakeholders during the past 40 years.
- The NMIMS School of Business Management in Mumbai has been accredited by the AACSB.
- The Narsee Monjee Institute Of Management Studies (School Of Business Management) has four campuses offering management programs. MBA specializations in Finance, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations & Decision Sciences; MBA –HRM; and MBA Pharmaceutical Management are among the NMIMS Mumbai MBA programs offered by SBM-NMIMS.
- At NMIMS MBA, the Case Method is the most important pedagogical instrument for bringing real-world business scenarios, practical knowledge, and personalized learning into the classroom.
PROGRAM NAME DURATION
MBA 2 years
MBA (Human Resources) 2 years
MBA (Pharmaceuticals Management) 2 years
MBA in Decision Sciences & Analytics (NMIMS)+ MS in Business Analytics &Information Management (Purdue University, Krannert School of Business) 2 years
MBA Digital Transformation 2 years
MBA Business Analytics 2 years
MBA (Law) 2 years
MBA Part-Time (Marketing, Finance, HRM, Operations, Information Systems) specialization will be offered in 2nd year 2 years
Part-Time MBA in Social Entrepreneurship 2 years
Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship 1 year
Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science & Analytics 16 months (weekend mode)
Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (Executive PGDBM) 20 Months Weekend
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Services 1 year
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) 2 years
PGDM (Logistics & Supply Chain Management) 2 years
PGDBM — Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (Management Program for Executives) 20 Months Weekend
PGDM (Executive) 20 Months
MBA in Real Estate Management 2 years
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND FAMILY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
MBA (Entrepreneurship & Family Business Management) 2 years
MBA (Entrepreneurship) 2 years
Family Managed Business Administration (F-MBA)
MBA Fee at NMIMS Mumbai
During the CD/PI round, the precise MBA fees for the academic year 2021–2022 will be revealed. However, the one-year fee for MBA / MBA HR Program was Rs. 10,42,000/-; MBA Pharmaceutical Management was Rs. 6,32,000/-; Dual Degree in MBA Decision Sciences & Analytics + MS in Business Analytics & Information Management from Purdue University Program was Rs. 12,02,000/-; MBA Bangalore was Rs. 9,02,000/-; MBA Hyderabad & Navi Mumbai was Rs. 8,27,000/-; Indore was Rs. 7,22,000/-; MBA Bangalore was Rs. 9,02,000 The cost of the MBA in Business Analytics was Rs. 8,52,000/-. During CD/PI, the fee for the MBA (Digital Transformation) will be revealed.
— — — –
The Faculty of Management Studies (FMS, Delhi), often known as the “Red Building of Dreams,” is one of the country’s oldest business schools, having been founded in 1954 under the auspices of the University of Delhi. It is one of India’s most prestigious MBA colleges, ranking among the top three IIMs. FMS, New Delhi, has one of the greatest Return on Investment (ROI) B-schools in India, thanks to its high-quality education, reasonable fees, and outstanding job chances.
FMS Delhi recently increased the fee for its MBA program from Rs.25,000 to Rs.1.92 lakhs, which includes all components.
FMS Offered following MBA Programs:
- MBA Full Time
- MBA-Executive (Evening Program)
- MBA-Executive HCA (Evening Program)
Fee for FMS
The MBA academic cost for the 2020–22 batch is Rs.1,92,000 (in Indian rupees).
Placement at FMS
The highest domestic wage provided to the 2017–2019 cohort was Rs. 48 LPA, with an average income of Rs. 23.1 LPA.
Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur’s Xavier School of Management (XLRI) is a prestigious private management institute in India. Founded in 1949 by Fr Quinn Enright, S.J. in the ‘steel metropolis’ of Jamshedpur, XLRI is one of India’s oldest business colleges. XLRI Business College Jamshedpur has grown into a top-ranking business management institution with a diverse portfolio of management programs and research papers over the last six decades. XLRI graduates have displayed responsible corporate leadership in their businesses all across the world.
- The XLRI Jamshedpur B-school is AACSB and AMBA accredited. The National Board of Accreditation has also granted XLRI accreditation (NBA).
- XLRI is a top-ranked business school. In the NIRF Ranking 2019, it was ranked 7th overall in India, and 3rd on MBAUniverse. Other rankings have also given similar high rankings.
- The placement rate is 100 percent. In Placement 2019, the average salary increased to Rs. 22.35 lakhs.
- XLRI has a large number of highly placed graduates working in leading firms all over the world.
- Business Management (PGDM-BM), Human Resource Management (PGDM-HRM), and General Management (PGDM-GM) are all available at XLRI. For admission to its flagship program, the B-school administers and accepts the XAT exam.
- SCHOOL OF BUSINESS — PGDM (BM)
- PGDM (BM)
- EXECUTIVE PGDM
- PGDM (BM), THREE YEAR
- SCHOOL OF HUMAN RESOURCES & IR
- PGDM (HRM)
IIFT New Delhi: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is India’s top MBA school, offering a Master of Business Administration in International Business. IIFT is the dream destination for MBA students who aspire to pursue MBA. It was founded in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organization and as a Centre of Excellence in International Trade and Business (IB). IIFT began as a government think tank before evolving into a business school in the 1990s. In just a few years, IIFT has established itself as one of India’s leading business schools, specializing in trade and finance.
IIFT offers the following MBA programs:
- MBA in International Business (MBA-IB)
- Two-year MBA (International Business) — Full Time
- Three-year MBA (International Business) — Weekend
- Executive Program s
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (EPGDIB)
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Financial Strategies (EPGDIFS)
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing (EPGDIM)
- Doctoral Program
- Doctoral Program (full-time or part-time)
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
The Institute of Management Technology (IMT), which was founded in 1980, was a forerunner in providing high-quality management education in India’s commercial sector. Its management programs are based on the notion that in order to provide the most effective management practices, managerial competencies must be married to technology. The programs are aligned with the changing skill requirements of the corporate world, are current, and will continue to be so in the future, in order to remain relevant in an ever-changing environment.
IMT Ghaziabad offers a two-year full-time PGDM,
- PGDM Finance,
- PGDM Marketing, and
- PGDM BIFS program.
The program fee for the 2021–23 batch has not yet been determined. For the 2020–22 class, the program fee was Rs.19,53,000
MDI Gurgaon: Management Development Institute
Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon has a 45-year history that rivals that of IIMs. MDI Gurgaon offers unparalleled learning and placement opportunities. MDI Gurgaon is one of India’s top ten business schools, and a pioneer in defining standards for excellent management education and strong placement rates among B schools. When it comes to pursuing a PGDM from this prestigious institute, the B-school is a dream campus for CAT hopefuls and is favored over several IIMs.
- MDI is regarded as one of the best business schools in the country.
- MDI holds the distinction of being the first Indian B-School to receive international accreditation. South Asian Quality Systems (SAQS) was granted it accreditation in 2005.
- AMBA Accredited First Indian B-School with 100% Placements
- One out of every five PGPs is a PGP. Students must spend at least one semester abroad.
- India’s largest international exchange program
- 75+ Full-Time National and Internationally Recognized Professors
Fees for MDI Gurgaon
Fees for the PGPM/PGP-HRM and PGP-IM 2020–22 batches at MDI Gurgaon are as follows:
- PGPM 2020–22: Rs.20,86,667/-
- PGP-IM 2020–22: Rs.24,52,667/-
- PGP-HRM 2020–22: Rs.20,86,667/-
K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
Since its inception in 1981, the K J Somaiya Institute of Management in Mumbai has been teaching and contributing significantly to the qualitative development of management education in India. The institute has been awarded autonomous status by the UGC and is recognized by the University of Mumbai. It provides full-time, part-time, and executive MBA programs, as well as Masters in Computer Applications and Doctoral programs in Business Management.
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management is frequently placed among India’s top 25 management schools and top 10 private B-schools.
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management is a constituent institute of Somaiya Vidyavihar University, and its MBA program is authorized by the University Grants Commission.
- The institute is a member of the AACSB.
- In the Times B-school Ranking, it is ranked 5th.
- In the overall ranking of Business Today, it is ranked 28th.
- MBA: 240 Seats
- MBA (IB): 60 Seats
- MBA (IMC): 60 Seats
- MBA (FS): 60 Seats
- MBA (HR): 60 Seats
- MBA (HCM): 30 Seats
- MBA (DSA): 30 Seats
- MBA (RM): 60 Seats
- MBA (SM): 30 Seats