You can have many plants properly located for beauty and Feng Shui indoors and outside. But if there’s no snake plant in your home, you could get FOMO emotions. Why is the Snake Plant a household must-have? Order plants online and make your home beautiful.
Read more about the serpent plant, its kinds, advantages and care suggestions below:
What is a serpentine plant?
Sansevieria Trifasciata, native to Asia and Africa, is the botanical name of the serpent plant. The plant has characteristic sword-like leaves that grow erect, appearing like artificial ones. Snake plants can be cared for and maintained easily. Hence they are widely found in closed areas, such as homes and businesses.
The leaves of the serpent plants are deadly, causing swelling and tongue numbness when consumed in large doses. It is advisable to prevent children and animals from reaching the snake plant.
Snake plant types: The most frequent type of snake plants is thin, long leaves with silver stripes, which can grow up to a length of several feet. Additional common variants include:
– Birds nest serpent plant: Hahnii is the other bird snake plant name. It is tiny and reaches 6 feet. The plant leaves resemble a cup, similar to a bird’s nest.
– Cylindrical snake plant: the snake plant of this type has circular leaves which reach several feet in length. The plant leaves resemble a crown.
– Laurentian snake plant: its green-coloured centre and its yellow edges are pretty popular.
Care Tips: One of the primary reasons snake plants can be found in most residences is their easy-to-care needs. It is a resistant and sturdy plant capable of withstanding low light, more minor water requirements and dry indoor and outdoor situations.
– Provide light, indirect sunlight: the leaves become painful and floppy, while they may thrive in grey areas. Sunlight, bright and indirect is the finest for its optimum growth as direct sunlight burns the leaves.
– Watering between drying of soil: too much water is going to rot the plant. Grow snake plant in a well-drained pot and water between the drying of the soil
Snake Plant benefits: Snake Plant benefits:
1. Air purifiers: NASA’s recommended serpent plants are one of the best air purifiers. They clean the air from hazardous compounds such as benzene, formaldehyde, xylene and trichloroethylene in particular. It also produces high humidity and oxygen in space while purifying the air. These characteristics of snake plants keep the environment clean and fresh.
2. Home Decoration: There are ways to decorate your home with plants, but there are many snake plants. The snake plant’s architecture and large leaves make it ideal for corners of the house and office. There are different types of snake plants; smaller ones like bird’s or cylindrical nests are suitable for a desk or dark regions in the house.
3. Drought Tolerant: Snake plants need much less water. The main reason for his death is overwatering. Even in the summer, it is a high drought hardy plant. Snake plants are perfect to have, even if you have water scarcity or offices where it can be tough to water regularly.
4. Grows in various damp conditions: snake plants can grow under a variety of wet conditions. They work nicely in wet climates like restrooms and dryers at the office. When put in a humid area, waterless and additional drainage is available to avoid water stagnation. Water deeply and more in dry places, but only between soil drying.
5. Easy to spread: every snake plant species is easy to spread. The plant can be propagated by two means: leaf cut/rhizome cut. Cut the rhizomes as near as possible to the stem. Let them grow more extensive roots in a glass jar with water, then put them into a well-drained pot. Similarly, the leaf-cutting can be placed in the glass jar to produce roots and then planted or planted immediately into the pot.
6. Symbolic of Good Virtues: the first snake plant is believed to have been grown in China and treasured for its symbolism by nutritionists. Eight virtues of longevity, prosperity, wisdom, beauty, art, health and strength are given to the one who cares for the plant.
7. Allergy efficient: Snake plants absorb carbon dioxide and toxin particles while releasing oxygen into the air. When you respire fresh air, allergies and airborne diseases are less likely to develop. This naturally reduces the onset of allergies by snake plants.
8. Low-Maintenance: low-maintenance snake plants. Without water and sunlight, they can thrive. They are the best low-care plants you could cultivate. Place them in any situation, and their remarkable beauty and air-purifying properties would bless you.
9. Night CO2 absorption: Snake plants nightly reduce Co2 levels by absorbing them. Crassulacean acid metabolism (CAM) means that a particular sort of photosynthesis can be performed by drought-tolerant, succulent plants such as Sansevieria Trifasciata.
10. A plant for cancer control: As you have learned, snake plants purify cancerous agents such as toluene, xylene, benzene and formaldehyde in the environment, making this an effective plant for cancer control.
With so many health benefits, aesthetics and FengShui, snake plants give considerable value to your home and office. You’ll love to have this low upkeep facility in your area. Besides, buy indoor plants online and turn your life into a green paradise.